Amazon's LoveFilm Inks CBS Studios Streaming Content Deal
The pact will enable British and German audiences to stream such CBS shows as "The Good Wife," such Showtime hits as "Nurse Jackie" and "Dexter," plus "Star Trek."
LONDON – European streaming video service LoveFilm, owned by Amazon.com, has inked a multi-year licensing deal with CBS Corp.'s CBS Studios International to help expand the TV content available on its online service.
Financial details weren't disclosed.
The deal will allow U.K. and German subscribers of LoveFilm, which competes with Netflix, to stream U.S. television series from CBS and Showtime. The shows available in the U.K. and/or Germany include CBS series The Good Wife and Blue Bloods and such Showtime hits as Nurse Jackie, Californication and Dexter.
The deal between LoveFilm and CBS is also big news for Star Trek fans of all ages, with the original 1960s series and Star Trek Voyager available on the streaming service.
The LoveFilm Instant service is available on various devices, including PCs, Macs, the Nintendo Wii and Wii U, Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony Playstation 3, Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire and Apple iPad.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!