Amazon's LoveFilm Inks CBS Studios Streaming Content Deal
The pact will enable British and German audiences to stream such CBS shows as "The Good Wife," such Showtime hits as "Nurse Jackie" and "Dexter," plus "Star Trek."
LONDON – European streaming video service LoveFilm, owned by Amazon.com, has inked a multi-year licensing deal with CBS Corp.'s CBS Studios International to help expand the TV content available on its online service.
Financial details weren't disclosed.
The deal will allow U.K. and German subscribers of LoveFilm, which competes with Netflix, to stream U.S. television series from CBS and Showtime. The shows available in the U.K. and/or Germany include CBS series The Good Wife and Blue Bloods and such Showtime hits as Nurse Jackie, Californication and Dexter.
The deal between LoveFilm and CBS is also big news for Star Trek fans of all ages, with the original 1960s series and Star Trek Voyager available on the streaming service.
The LoveFilm Instant service is available on various devices, including PCs, Macs, the Nintendo Wii and Wii U, Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony Playstation 3, Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire and Apple iPad.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR