Amazon's LoveFilm Inks CBS Studios Streaming Content Deal
The pact will enable British and German audiences to stream such CBS shows as "The Good Wife," such Showtime hits as "Nurse Jackie" and "Dexter," plus "Star Trek."
LONDON – European streaming video service LoveFilm, owned by Amazon.com, has inked a multi-year licensing deal with CBS Corp.'s CBS Studios International to help expand the TV content available on its online service.
Financial details weren't disclosed.
The deal will allow U.K. and German subscribers of LoveFilm, which competes with Netflix, to stream U.S. television series from CBS and Showtime. The shows available in the U.K. and/or Germany include CBS series The Good Wife and Blue Bloods and such Showtime hits as Nurse Jackie, Californication and Dexter.
The deal between LoveFilm and CBS is also big news for Star Trek fans of all ages, with the original 1960s series and Star Trek Voyager available on the streaming service.
The LoveFilm Instant service is available on various devices, including PCs, Macs, the Nintendo Wii and Wii U, Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony Playstation 3, Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire and Apple iPad.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack