Amazon's VOD Service LoveFilm Adds Disney Titles for U.K. Subscribers
The new branded on-demand platform will offer Disney Pixar titles, such as "Wall-E" and "Ratatouille," along with Disney library classics like "Lady and the Tramp."
LONDON – VOD operator LoveFilm, owned by Amazon, has inked a deal with Disney to stream movies including Disney Pixar's Wall-E and the animated classic Lady and the Tramp to U.K. audiences on a branded on-demand service.
Disney Movies on Demand on LoveFilm Instant builds on the existing content relationship between Disney and LoveFilm.
Current LoveFilm subscribers will be offered Disney Movies on Demand's collection for no extra cost as part of their existing subscription, Amazon said.
Titles also include Ratatouille, Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, Dumbo, Sword in the Stone and Bedknobs and Broomsticks.
LoveFilm Instant is available on devices including PC, Mac or via Nintendo Wii and Wii U, Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony Playstation 3, Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire and Apple iPad, among others. The service is seen as a direct competitor with Netflix.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR