AMC Developing Reality Show Set in Kevin Smith’s Comic Book Shop
The project will focus on fans and revolve around the two guys who work at the New Jersey store.
AMC, the network that has found success with the comic book-based The Walking Dead, is developing a reality project set in the comic book world with Kevin Smith.
Smith, an avid comic fan and writer who continued his big-screen features Jay and Silent Bob and Clerks in comic form, would executive produce the project, which will take place in and revolve around the two guys who run his New Jersey comic book store The Secret Stash, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
A casting call for the project posted on Facebook noted that Smith was not looking for actors, but instead comic book fans -- men and women ages 21-35 -- who live in the tristate area.
AMC announced plans to expand into unscripted programming in November and in April revealed series orders for two docu-series: Inside the DHS, from Dirty Jobs producer Craig Piligian and following Department of Homeland Security employees including Janet Napolitano; and Pitch, from Undercover Boss duo Eli Holzman & Stephen Lambert and revolving around ad agencies pitching clients and prepping ad campaigns.
IGN first reported the Smith news.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR