AMC Entertainment Fourth-Quarter Loss Widens
Admission revenue of $384.4 million dropped from $427.4 million in the year-ago period.
Movie theater operator AMC Entertainment on Tuesday reported a wider loss from continuing operations as revenue declined driven by lower admissions.
The company posted a loss from continuing operations of $72.9 million, compared with a loss of $33.4 million in the year-ago period. The the latest period includes an impairment charge of $17.8 million related to the company's stake in 3D technology firm RealD.
Revenue of $557.3 million declined from $602.9 million in the year-ago period. Admission revenue of $384.4 million was down from $427.4 million in the year-ago period.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game