AMC Entertainment, Regal to Acquire and Release 8-10 Films a Year
7:49 AM PST 3/7/2011 by Georg Szalai
They launch Open Road Films, to be led by industry veteran Tom Ortenberg, in an attempt to fill a void left by declining major studio releases.
NEW YORK – Film exhibition giants AMC Entertainment and Regal Entertainment Group are getting into the Hollywood studio business amid a decline in major studio output in recent years.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile