AMC Launches AMC Digital Studios as Web Incubator
The cable network's new division’s first project will be a Web series entitled "The Trivial Pursuits of Arthur Banks," starring Adam Goldberg and Jeffrey Tambor.
NEW YORK - AMC on Thursday unveiled the launch of AMC Digital Studios to create and develop original online content from up-and-coming talent.
“AMC Digital Studio provides an opportunity to extend our brand to the web and to nurture great young writers and directors in a unique way,” said Joel Stillerman, AMC’s senior vp of original programming, production and digital content.
“The division serves as both a laboratory to develop future content for AMC TV and also a destination to produce web series that have the same high-quality storytelling for which our television series have become known,” the network said.
The digital studio’s first project will be a Web series entitled The Trivial Pursuits of Arthur Banks, starring Adam Goldberg as Banks and Jeffrey Tambor. The 40-minute project is co-written and directed by Peter Glanz and will premiere on amctv.com and Hulu.com on Aug. 22.
The story is about a theater director who stages a play based on his dysfunctional life. Tambor will play the main character’s therapist who helps him find absolution, according to AMC.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR