AMC Revs Up 'Hell on Wheels' With Full Season Order
Hell on Wheels has received a full season order from AMC.
The show is set after the Civil War and takes place in the West during the construction of the first transcontinental railroad. The series will touch upon the railroad's institutionalized greed and corruption, the immigrant experience and the plight of newly emancipated African-Americans during reconstruction. Rapper-actor Common is among the show's cast members.
The series was created and written by Joe and Tony Gayton, who will also executive produce.
"AMC's commitment to the western is long standing, and the genre is an important part of our brand and history as a channel. This show has some incredibly original twists and turns and a contemporary sensibility that we think will bring a very broad audience to our newest drama series," said AMC's original programming vp Joel Stillerman.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Week’s Best Game of Thrones Reader Comments: ‘The Lion and the Rose’
- Douglas Coupland on Being a Visual Artist, the ‘Torture’ of Interviews, and Unintended Side Effects
- Alan Thicke on His New Reality Sitcom and Being ‘Considerably More Boring Than Jason Seaver’
- 6 Forgotten Teen Films of the Late ’90s and Early ’00s