AMC Revs Up 'Hell on Wheels' With Full Season Order
Hell on Wheels has received a full season order from AMC.
The show is set after the Civil War and takes place in the West during the construction of the first transcontinental railroad. The series will touch upon the railroad's institutionalized greed and corruption, the immigrant experience and the plight of newly emancipated African-Americans during reconstruction. Rapper-actor Common is among the show's cast members.
The series was created and written by Joe and Tony Gayton, who will also executive produce.
"AMC's commitment to the western is long standing, and the genre is an important part of our brand and history as a channel. This show has some incredibly original twists and turns and a contemporary sensibility that we think will bring a very broad audience to our newest drama series," said AMC's original programming vp Joel Stillerman.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR