AMC sets dates for 'Mad Men,' 'Rubicon'
AMC has set a return date for its Emmy-winning series "Mad Men," as well as a debut for its latest drama "Rubicon."
Season 4 of "Mad Men" will bow on Sunday, July 25, at 10 p.m., answering fans' burning questions from last season's cliffhanger finale. With the disbanding of Sterling Cooper and splitting up of the Drapers, the upcoming premiere will play like a whole new pilot for the show, re-setting the drama.
Having scored with its first two drama series, "Mad Men" and "Breaking Bad," AMC has high hopes for its third drama entry into scripted one-hours -- "Rubicon," which premieres on Sunday, Aug. 1 at 8 p.m.
"Rubicon" is a conspiracy thriller set in a New York City-based government intelligence agency. The Warner Horizon series stars James Badge Dale ("The Pacific") and Oscar-nominated actress Miranda Richardson.
Over the weekend, "Mad Men" showrunner Matthew Weiner seemed to suggest in an interview that his 1960s period drama would end after six seasons.
In response to the coverage, an AMC spokesperson said, "No one wants to see Don Draper wearing a leisure suit. We trust Matthew's vision and that he knows where to take the show. But with that said, 'M*A*S*H' figured how to stretch the Korean War for more than a decade, so stay tuned."
Got tips on TV-industry news? Contact Hollywood Reporter TV Editor James Hibberd at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother