AMC/Sundance Channel Global Picks Up International Rights to 'Breaking Bad'
New series “Hell on Wheels,” “The Slap” and “Shannen Says” will also be distributed overseas as part of a deal announced at MIPCOM.
CANNES - AMC/Sundance Channel Global has snapped up select international rights for Emmy-winner Breaking Bad as well as new series Hell on Wheels and The Slap for Sundance Channel Global and Shannen Doherty’s new show Shannen Says for WE tv Asia.
In a deal announced at MIPCOM Tuesday, The Sundance Channel in Asia picked up seasons 1-4 for Breaking Bad from Sony Pictures Television.
Sundance’s Asian channel will also air AMC’s new Civil War drama Hell on Wheels, though an agreement signed with Entertainment One. Sundance will also have broadcast rights in Spain and premiere window rights in Portugal, Eastern and Central Europe to the series through a deal with Hell on Wheels producer Endemol. Sundance Channel also bought the rights to The Slap, a drama series based on the bestseller by Christos Tsiolkas, for Asia, Spain, Eastern Europe, Portugal, Greece and Turkey from DCD Rights.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR