AMC/Sundance Channel Signs Carriage Deals With Liberty in Belgium, Hungary, Romania
The channel, which carries AMC's "Mad Men" and "The Walking Dead" expands its reach by 1.4 million homes in Europe.
COLOGNE, Germany - AMC/Sundance Channel Global inked a series of deals with subsidies of John Malone's cable giant Liberty Global that will add a further 1.4 million homes to Sundance's European footprint.
The carriage agreements include new deals with Hungary's UPC, Focus Sat in Romania and an expanded deal with Belgian broadband group Telenet.
AMC/Sundance, which carries such hit AMC series as Mad Men and The Walking Dead as well as independent films and documentaries, recently signed a similar deal with Liberty subsidiary Film1 in the Netherlands.
Monday's announcement comes ahead of industry confab, the European cable congress, which runs from March 7-9 in Brussels.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR