AMC/Sundance Channel Signs Carriage Deals With Liberty in Belgium, Hungary, Romania
The channel, which carries AMC's "Mad Men" and "The Walking Dead" expands its reach by 1.4 million homes in Europe.
COLOGNE, Germany - AMC/Sundance Channel Global inked a series of deals with subsidies of John Malone's cable giant Liberty Global that will add a further 1.4 million homes to Sundance's European footprint.
The carriage agreements include new deals with Hungary's UPC, Focus Sat in Romania and an expanded deal with Belgian broadband group Telenet.
AMC/Sundance, which carries such hit AMC series as Mad Men and The Walking Dead as well as independent films and documentaries, recently signed a similar deal with Liberty subsidiary Film1 in the Netherlands.
Monday's announcement comes ahead of industry confab, the European cable congress, which runs from March 7-9 in Brussels.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Will Hillary & Bill Clinton's Daughter Chelsea Be Running for Office?
- Zac Efron Gives a Lap Dance, Admits to 'Plowing' Lots of Chicks in Comedy Central Funny Video - Watch Now!
- Miley Cyrus Will 'Remain Hospitalized' After 'Extreme' Reaction to Sinus Infection Antibiotics
- Taylor Swift Steps Out for Ingrid Michaelson Concert in Brooklyn!