AMC Theatres to Release Horror Thriller 'Smiley'
The movie, starring Caitlin Gerard, will open in 14 markets in October through AMC's indie platform.
AMC Theatres will release Michael Gallagher’s horror thriller Smiley through its AMC independent platform on Oct. 12. Fever Productions, the movie’s producer, has struck a deal with the theater chain, which will market the movie and introduce it on 28 screens in 14 markets, including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Houston and Atlanta.
Smiley, co-written by Gallagher and Glasgow Phillips and produced by Michael Wormser of Level 10 Films, stars Caitlin Gerard (Magic Mike) as a mentally fragile college student who hears of an urban legend that a serial killer called Smiley can be summoned through the Internet. The film also stars Melanie Papalia, Andrew James Allen, Roger Bart, Keith David and Liza Weil.
In addition to its AMC release, the film will be available on DVD, Blu-Ray, iTunes, Redbox and cable VOD after its traditional theatrical release window has closed.
The deal was brokered by Gallagher and Wormser for Fever Productions and Nikkole Denson-Randolph, vp, alternative and special content at AMC.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)