AMC's 'Hell on Wheels' Bags Big Overseas Deals
The post-Civil War drama has been acquired by Fox and ABC2 in Australia, Sky New Zealand and HBO in Latin America.
TORONTO – The post-Civil War western Hell on Wheels not only debuted well for AMC.
It’s selling well overseas.
Toronto-based Entertainment One reports the AMC drama has been sold to Fox and ABC2 in Australia, Sky New Zealand and HBO in Latin America.
The Anson Mount-starrer created by brothers Joe and Tony Gayton also has broadcasters in Sundance Channel Asia, DBS Yes in Israel and Fox Africa.
The premiere of Hell on Wheels on AMC drew a 3.1 household rating and 4.4 million viewers, becoming the network's second-highest series premiere in history, following The Walking Dead, which Entertainment One also distributes.
Hell on Wheels is produced by Entertainment One Television and Nomadic Pictures, and was developed by Endemol USA.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kaley Cuoco Cuts Her Hair Short, Debuts Blonder Bob Hairdo!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Bring 'Spider-Man' to 'GMA,' Get Us Really Pumped for the Movie!
- Beyonce Explores Concept of Beauty in 'Pretty Hurts' Video Premiere - Watch Now!
- Third 'Hobbit' Film 'There and Back Again' Renamed to 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'