AMC's 'Hell on Wheels' Bags Big Overseas Deals
The post-Civil War drama has been acquired by Fox and ABC2 in Australia, Sky New Zealand and HBO in Latin America.
TORONTO – The post-Civil War western Hell on Wheels not only debuted well for AMC.
It’s selling well overseas.
Toronto-based Entertainment One reports the AMC drama has been sold to Fox and ABC2 in Australia, Sky New Zealand and HBO in Latin America.
The Anson Mount-starrer created by brothers Joe and Tony Gayton also has broadcasters in Sundance Channel Asia, DBS Yes in Israel and Fox Africa.
The premiere of Hell on Wheels on AMC drew a 3.1 household rating and 4.4 million viewers, becoming the network's second-highest series premiere in history, following The Walking Dead, which Entertainment One also distributes.
Hell on Wheels is produced by Entertainment One Television and Nomadic Pictures, and was developed by Endemol USA.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR