America Ferrera Set to Star in Husband Ryan Piers Williams' Indie Film 'X/Y'
Production on the film about how a couple's faltering relationship affects their circle of friends began Tuesday in New York City.
America Ferrera and husband Ryan Piers Williams are teaming on indie film X/Y, a look inside the lives and minds of an interconnected group of friends in New York City.
Williams is directing the film from his original script. He also stars opposite Ferrera, Melonie Diaz, Jon Paul Phillips, Dree Hemingway, Adam Rapp, Maria Dizzia, David Harbour, Ann Dowd and Common.
Production begins Tuesday on location in New York City.
The story follows Silvia (Ferrera) and Mark (Williams) as their relationship falters and the effect their struggle has on their inner circle of friends, all of whom are trying to discover themselves within and outside their own relationships.
Williams, who won several awards for The Dry Land, including best international film at the 2010 Edinburgh Film Festival, also produced Kilimanjaro, starring Brian Geraghty. The film had its world premiere at the 2013 SXSW Film Festival.
Ferrera, Williams, Thomas B. Fore, Jason Michael Berman and Kwesi Collisson are producing X/Y.
Ferrera is repped by ICM Partners.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR