'American Idol' Source: Enrique Iglesias Out, Randy Jackson Back in as Judge
Iglesias had been eyed as a possible fourth judge, joining the already announced Mariah Carey as well as Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban, both of whom are said to be wrapping up deals.
The game of musical chairs at American Idol continues, with Fox pulling the plug on negotiations with Enrique Iglesias to fill a judge's seat, according to a source close to the show.
Iglesias had been eyed as a possible fourth judge, joining the already announced Mariah Carey as well as Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban, both of whom are said to be wrapping up deals to join the show's 12th season. Randy Jackson, a judge since the show's 2002 debut, was said to be moving to a mentor role on the show.
But now Fox, producers FremantleMedia and 19 Entertainment are said to have abandoned that scenario in favor of returning Jackson to the judges panel. It's not clear what derailed the Iglesias plan, though money always is an issue with talent show judges. The current plan, according to the source, is to announce an Idol judges panel of Carey, Minaj, Urban and Jackson in time for the show's on-site auditions, which will start by the end of September.
Fox declined comment.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)