'American Idol's' Nigel Lythgoe Inks Development Pact With Shine America
He'll develop and produce entertainment franchises for the global TV marketplace under the multiyear production deal.
American Idol's Nigel Lythgoe has inked a multiyear pact with Shine America to develop projects for the global marketplace.
Under the move, the Idol and So You Think You Can Dance producer, via his Nigel Lythgoe Productions panner, develop and produce entertainment franchises with the Shine Group. Lythgoe launched the production shingle last year with Idol owners CORE Media Group (previously 19 Entertainment).
"Nigel is clearly one of the world's leading television producers, with an unmatched track record in TV programming both here in the U.S. and in the UK," Shine America CEO Rich Ross said in a statement announcing the news late Thursday. "We are thrilled to welcome Nigel and his team to the Shine family and we look forward to developing the next wave of entertainment franchises together."
The pact, which commences Jan. 1, was brokered by ICM Partners and Del Shaw.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR