Robin Thicke's AMA Shenanigans: 'I Might Just Punch Adele' (Video)
The singer tells THR about his plans to steal the Sunday show.
With Lady Gaga busy overseas during Sunday's American Music Awards, the evening's inevitably most talked-about moment was anyone's game.
Presenter Robin Thicke threw his hat in the ring, offering to create a memorable moment the audience wouldn't soon forget. Admitting that he's a big fan of Jay Z and Kanye West's Watch the Throne, Thicke pondered taking a cue from the outspoken West.
"Maybe I'll run onstage and steal Taylor Swift's award," he suggested. "We don't know what's gonna happen!"
"I think I might just punch Adele, you know what I mean?" he quickly added. "Let's get the party started."
Adele, honored with three awards, avoided any unnecessary harm. The British songstress was not in attendance, as she continues to recover from vocal cord surgery. Nice try, Thicke.
The singer took the stage to present Beyonce, also unable to attend the ceremony, with the favorite female artist (soul/R&B) award. His new album, Love After War, hits stores on Dec. 6.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR