'American Pie' Reunion Coming Together at Universal
Jason Biggs, Seann William Scott and Eugene Levy have all completed deals for "American Reunion."
Universal is helping itself to another serving of American Pie.
The studio has completed deals with Jason Biggs, Seann William Scott (who entered treatment this week) and Eugene Levy to reunite for what is being called American Reunion.
The studio is currently working to bring in many of the other members of the original cast and is in negotiations with Thomas Ian Nicholas, Tara Reid, Chris Klein, Mena Suvari and Jennifer Coolidge to reprise their roles.
The first two films in the comedy franchise grossed a combined $523.2 million at the worldwide box office. American Wedding, the third, grossed $231.4 million. Universal also made several direct-to-DVD releases, which set sales records at the height of the DVD market.
Jon Hurwitz and Hayden Schlossberg, who wrote and directed Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay have written the script and will direct the film.∙
Chris Moore and Craig Perry will produce.Adam Herz, who wrote the originals, and Paul and Chris Weitz, who directed the first movie, are executive producing.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty