'America's Got Talent' Star Jackie Evancho to Release Christmas Album (Exclusive)
The 11-year-old is hard at work on a follow-up to last year’s platinum-selling “O Holy Night," to be produced by Idina Menzel's musical director.
Justin Bieber isn’t the only teen sensation set to release a holiday album this year.
The Hollywood Reporter has learned that former America’s Got Talent contestant Jackie Evancho will release a Christmas album, due to hit stores this holiday season. The 11-year-old previously debuted her first major EP, titled O Holy Night, in Nov. of 2010. It was a platinum seller in the U.S. and moved more than 3 million copies worldwide. According to an insider, its success prompted Evancho's label, Syco/Columbia, to put into action an immediate follow-up plan.
Earlier this year, the pint-sized soprano released the full-length Dream with Me, featuring a variety of arias, show tunes and pop classics produced by David Foster. For her non-seasonal debut, Evancho landed duets with Barbra Streisand and Susan Boyle, who coincidentally rose to fame on Britain’s Got Talent.
Evancho’s new holiday collection is set to be produced by Rob Mounsey, who has worked with the likes of Tony Bennett, Aretha Franklin and Billy Joel and currently serves as musical director for Glee regular Idina Menzel.
The Pittsburgh native appeared on Season 5 of America’s Got Talent, finishing the competition in second place.
A rep for the singer could not be reached for comment or confirmation.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR