'America's Most Wanted' to Air Second Ronni Chasen Episode
A tip from the Fox show led police to Harold Smith, whose gun was just matched to the murder.
America's Most Wanted has already planned a second Ronni Chasen episode, to air Saturday, Dec. 11 at 9 p.m. ET.
A tip from the Fox show led police to Harold Smith, whose gun was matched to the crime. Police told The Hollywood Reporter Wednesday that Smith -- who killed himself as police served a warrant on his seedy Hollywood apartment building -- acted alone.
Said the network in a statement, "America's Most Wanted has once again proven that one person can make a difference." RELATED: All the latest updates in the Ronni Chasen case.
After the legendary publicist's Nov. 16 murder in Beverly Hills, "The Hollywood community reached out to AMW and host John Walsh to help find Chasen’s killer," added the statement. "AMW immediately began working closely with the Beverly Hills Police Department (BHPD), and profiled the case on its November 20 broadcast."
Said Walsh, "I’m very proud that this loyal AMW viewer had the guts to call our hotline to help solve this case. After 23 years on the air, it reconfirms my belief that an average person can make a difference. It’s my hope that the Chasen family will now have some answers."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)