'America's Most Wanted' Pitching Foreign Format Sales at NATPE
Fox Look will be showcasing the format rights to the longest running show in the history of the Fox network to buyers at the 3-day sales bazaar.
America's Most Wanted host John Walsh will work the NATPE market in Miami to promote foreign format sales of the 24-year-old crime-fighting TV brand.
His pitch: "Now individual countries and cities have the opportunity to participate in this format to save lives and bring justice to victims throughout the world. We live in a global society and the bad guys know no borders."
Fox Look -- the unit of Fox Networks Group that specializes in the foreign licensing and production of unscripted programming -- will be showcasing the format rights to the longest running show in the history of the Fox network to buyers at the 3-day sales bazaar.
Over the years, Walsh's crusade to help capture fugitives and protect victims has led to the arrest of 1,000 criminals and the recovery of 60 abducted children.
For the past 11 years, America's Most Wanted has been the number-one rated show in the Saturday-night 18-49 demographic.
The format was recently optioned in Australia to Southern Star, where a localized version is in development. In addition, the rights have been licensed to Ukrainian broadcaster ICTV.
Latin American broadcasters and production companies will be the chief target for the Fox Look sales team at NATPE.
Fox Look president David Lyle called America's Most Wanted "cost-effective and scalable to any territory."
"We are offering a smorgasbord of ways in which broadcasters can participate in its success, from making a 100% local show to semi-customizing the format to make it more relevant to their domestic markets," Lyle added.
Fox Look specializes in licensing and producing abroad unscripted shows from Fox Broadcasting, Fox Cable Networks and third-party creators.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty