Amit Desai Named Warner Bros.' DC Franchise Guru
Amit Desai has been named senior vp franchise management for DC Entertainment at Warner Bros., it was announced Friday.
The former Warner Home Video exec will develop and implement the individual franchise plans for Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, the Flash, MAD Magazine, Vertigo titles and other DC properties. This will include driving wider cross-promotional support across all Time Warner divisions.
Desai will be based in Burbank and report directly to John Rood, executive vp sales, marketing and business development.
Desai joined Warner Bros. in 2004 and most recently was responsible for WHV's non-theatrical family and animation business. There, he helped grow non-theatrical family and animation revenue 45%.
Desai was part of the team credited with the launch of new franchises such as DC Universe, a series of animated original movies inspired by DC Comics graphic novels.
Desai came to Warners from the Disney Co., where he was responsible for brand management and marketing/synergy activities on behalf of feature films.
"Amit is coming to DC Entertainment with a proven track record in building brands both inside and outside Warner Bros.," Rood said. "That he's already well-versed in our characters and brands from his experience working on the DC Universe animation business is an added bonus."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR