Amy Adams Cast as Lois Lane in 'Superman'
The actress will star opposite Henry Cavill, who will play Clark Kent, in the Zack Snyder-directed reboot.
Amy Adams has landed the iconic role of journalist Lois Lane in the upcoming Superman reboot from Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures.
Adams joins Henry Cavill, Diane Lane and Kevin Costner on the production, which will be directed by Zack Snyder.
“Second only to Superman himself, the question of who will play Lois Lane is arguably what fans have been most curious about," Snyder said in a statement Sunday. "So we are excited to announce the casting of Amy Adams, one of the most versatile and respected actresses in films today. Amy has the talent to capture all of the qualities we love about Lois: smart, tough, funny, warm, ambitious and, of course, beautiful."
Adams will join Phyllis Coates, Margot Kidder and Kate Bosworth as actresses who have played the iconic Lane.
Superman: Man of Steel is currently set for a December 2012 release.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR