Amy Poehler career highlights
Agent Colby: In 1998 Poehler infiltrated TV as one of four special agents dedicated to creating chaos in Comedy Central's "Upright Citizens Brigade."
Kelly Ripa: Shortly after joining the NBC's "Saturday Night Live" in 2001, Poehler was promoted from featured player to full cast member largely thanks to her popular impressions, including the exceptionally perky talk show host.
Mrs. George: Teaming with fellow "SNL" castmember Tina Fey, Poehler channeled ill-prioritized mother to queen bee, Regina George, in Mark Waters' 2004 feature "Mean Girls."
Hilary Clinton: During the 2007-08 political campaigns, Poehler famously morphed into presidential hopeful Sen. Hilary Clinton on "SNL."
Angie Ostrowiski: Poehler, again alongside pal Fey, starred in Michael McCuller's 2008 comedy "Baby Mama" as a white trash con artist with a heart of gold.
Leslie Knope: After her departure from "SNL," Poehler continued her longtime relationship with NBC and, in 2009, signed on to play the tirelessly hopeful government official on "Parks and Recreation."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed