Amy Winehouse Cancels Entire European Tour
"Everyone involved wishes to do everything they can to help her return to her best and she will be given as long as it takes for this to happen," says her rep.
Amy Winehouse has canceled her entire European tour, her rep announced Tuesday morning.
Chris Goodman tells the Associated Press that the singer, who has struggled with drug and alcohol addiction, "is withdrawing from all scheduled performances" to focus on her recovery.
"Everyone involved wishes to do everything they can to help her return to her best and she will be given as long as it takes for this to happen," Goodman said.
Winehouse had canceled part of her 12-stop tour after stumbling on stage and forgetting lyrics to her songs while performing in Belgrade, Serbia -- which she accidentally referred to as Athens, Greece on stage. She was met with boos and jeers from the crowd.
Her rep released a statement then: "Despite feeling sure that she wanted to fulfill these commitments, she has agreed with management that she cannot perform to the best of her ability and will return home. … She would like to apologize to fans expecting to see her at the shows but feels that this is the right thing to do."
Her tour was due to end in Bucharest in August.
Winehouse spent time in London's Priory rehab clinic last month.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!