Amy Winehouse Death: Russell Brand's Tribute Touted by Fans
"I don't care what you think of Amy Winehouse or Russell Brand. This is a perfect summation of the reality of addiction," Tweets one.
"When you love someone who suffers from the disease of addiction you await the phone call," wrote Brand, who has also suffered from drug addiction. "There will be a phone call. The sincere hope is that the call will be from the addict themselves, telling you they've had enough, that they're ready to stop, ready to try something new. Of course though, you fear the other call, the sad nocturnal chime from a friend or relative telling you it's too late, she's gone."
"Whether this tragedy was preventable or not is now irrelevant. It is not preventable today. We have lost a beautiful and talented woman to this disease," he added.
Fans immediately touted his brutal honesty on Twitter, where he became a trending topic.
"Really moving and honest and wise piece by Russell Brand about Amy Winehouse. Beautiful job, @rustyrockets," wrote neilhimself.
"A moving & well written piece by Russell Brand on Amy Winehouse.. nice to read something deserving of a trending topic," added arengrimshaw.
Tweeted, bruce lawson, "I'd always thought of Russell Brand as a wanker, but his piece on the death of Amy Winehouse changed my mind."
"Amazing article from Russell Brand in today's Guardian on Amy, addiction - spot on in my opinion," said Tom_Godwin.
"Brilliant piece by @rustyrockets about Amy Winehouse and addiction," Tweeted laurenlaverne.
Added lucethoughts, "Russell Brand's utterly devastating, beautifully written tribute to Amy Winehouse."
Obfus_Cate wrote, "russell brand on amy winehouse. beautifully said ... realistic and respectful ... "
"Russell Brand's kind & thotful tribute 2 Amy Winehouse - the best reflection I've read: http://ow.ly/5Mc7S via RT @PamelaGrow @snotforprofit," wrote mckra1g .
"I don't care what you think of Amy Winehouse or Russell Brand. This is a perfect summation of the reality of addiction," said jamesweiner.
"Any time a celebrity-addict dies, it's easy to make jokes...this is the opposite; and it's refreshing," Crashola Ryan.
While Winehouse has very publicly struggled with drug and alcohol addiction, police have cautioned that her cause of death is not yet known. An autopsy is being conducted Monday.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game