Amy Winehouse's Dad Mitch Announces Memorial Concert
Potential performers include Lily Allen and Jessie J.
Amy Winehouse's father Mitch has announced a tribute concert for the late singer, with proceeds benefitting the Amy Winehouse Foundation. Lily Allen and Jessie J are reportedly in talks to perform at the memorial concert.
Mitch Winehouse started the foundation in Amy's name after the young star died at age 27 last July.
"The Amy Winehouse Foundation is very excited to be planning a benefit concert in tribute to Amy later this year," Mitch said to the UK's Press Association. "We will be talking to a variety of people in the coming months and will announce those performing as soon as we can."
Both Jessie J and Lily Allen have previously expressed their adoration for the late star and shown interest in paying tribute to her. During her tribute to Winehouse at the MTV Europe Music Awards, Jessie J told the audience, "I never got to thank Amy for breaking boundaries as I truly believe without her I wouldn't be standing here today. She set a new standard for British female artists."
The plan is for the show to be an intimate performance, including not only singers she influenced but artists that Amy Winehouse admired as well.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR