Amy Winehouse Tried to Contact Dr. Drew Before Her Death, He Claims
“Celebrity Rehab” doc Pinsky says he could have “gotten her over to someplace good.”
As many mourn and wonder what caused Amy Winehouse’s death, others are talking about her passing on radio shows.
Dr. Drew Pinsky talked to KROQ’s Kevin and Bean Friday morning, and brought up Amy Winehouse right away, claiming that the troubled singer had tried to reach out to him.
“I found out also yesterday that believe it or not she was trying to contact me which was weird. Janice Dickenson told me that. I remember getting calls from Europe and thinking ‘what the hell is this?'” he said on the show.
“We could have maybe gotten her over to someplace really good, but again, more sadness to that story.”
The Celebrity Rehab doctor also commented on the latest news from Winehouse’s family that they claim she died from alcohol withdrawal.
“Her parents put out some type or news release that she suggests that what they believe she died of was alcohol withdrawal, which is a very interesting little theory,” he said.
STORY: Amy Winehouse Found Dead in London Home
“It’s wrong, it’s not what she died of, I can virtually guarantee you but it’s an interesting reminder to all of us that alcohol is the only drug from which the withdrawal is commonly fatal.”
Winehouse, 27, was found dead in her London home on Saturday, July 23. The singer, whose Back to Black album brought her fame and success, had a troubled past with drugs and alcohol.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR