Amy Winehouse's London Home to Be Auctioned off
The property in the Camden area gets a guide price of $2.9 million after the singer's family failed to sell it for $4.3 million.
LONDON - Late singer Amy Winehouse's home in the Northern London neighborhood of Camden will be auctioned off after her family failed to sell it, the BBC reported Friday.
The family had put the three-bedroom house up for sale in May for $4.3 million (£2.7 million). But the BBC quoted auctioneer McHugh & Co as saying that it would now be offered for a guide price of $2.9 million (£1.8 million) on Dec. 3.
The auction will happen at the headquarters of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts. The report said the auction catalog does not mention that the 2,500 square-foot property belonged to Winehouse.
The BBC said at least two parties made offers for the home, but the deals were never finalized as the suitors didn't have the necessary financial means.
Winehouse's body was found at her house in July 2011. The singer was 27. Toxicology reports found alcohol in her body, but revealed that Winehouse's was clear of illegal drugs.
A spokesman for the Winehouse family had said in May that the family felt it would be inappropriate for any of them to live in her house. "It was not practical to keep it empty while paying the costs of its upkeep," he said.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)