An Epix decision for Viacom-MGM venture
Epix has been selected as the name of the new premium TV channel and VOD service from Viacom and its Paramount Pictures unit, Lionsgate and MGM.
A spokesperson for Studio 3 Partners, the company that runs the service, confirmed the news, which was first reported Friday by MediaPost.
"Studio 3 Partners has filed applications for multiple trademarks," the spokesperson said. "This is another step forward in the launch of our next-generation premium television brand with a strong programming lineup including films produced by Paramount, MGM and Lionsgate as well as original series. We are excited about our progress and are on track with our plans to launch in the fourth quarter of 2009."
The spokesperson declined comment on potential carriage news. (partialdiff)
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR