Analyst: 'Rango' Box Office Boosts Paramount's Case Over DreamWorks Ani Distribution Fees
The $38 million debut of Johnny Depp’s animated film was below expectations, but the kid-friendly feature should ultimately gross $159 million domestically.
Rango might have opened a tad light, but it will ultimately score $159 million domestically, and that’s enough to bolster Paramount’s case as it negotiates distribution fees with DreamWorks Animation, a Wall Street analyst wrote Monday.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR