Analysts Predict Studios' Premium VOD Plans Will Have Limited Impact
"I'm not sure what the incentive is to pay six times what you would pay for a regular VOD title," one analyst says. "It's going to be a marketing problem."
A niche product in search of a market. That is how Piper Jaffray analyst James Marsh describes studios' plans for a $30 premium VOD service that would beam films into satellite and cable TV homes 60 days after their theatrical release.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR