Singer Anastacia Diagnosed With Breast Cancer, Cancels Tour
The internationally best-selling pop star has relapsed after beating the disease in 2003.
Singer-songwriter Anastacia has been diagnosed with breast cancer for the second time, she announced Thursday in a statement on her Facebook page.
As a result of the diagnosis, Anastacia is canceling all performances and travel until further notice, affecting her European tour that was set to kick off in London on April 6.
"I feel so awful to be letting down all my amazing fans who were looking forward to 'It's A Man's World Tour,' " Anastacia said in the statement. “It just breaks my heart to disappoint them."
She had previously battled the disease in 2003, and successfully entered remission within the year. Following this first diagnosis, she set up the Anastacia Fund, which is aimed to "raise funds for research on breast cancer in younger women -- why it happens, how to prevent it, and how to treat and cure it if it does occur."
The singer released It’s a Man’s World in November 2012, an album of covers in which she sings tracks made famous by male rock artists such as Foo Fighters and Aerosmith.
Anastacia’s music has fared better in Europe and Australia than in her native U.S., with multiple chart-topping singles in overseas markets. Her first single, “I’m Outta Love,” debuted in early 2000, topping the charts in Australia and cracking the Billboard Hot 100 at No. 92. The song reached No. 2 on Billboard's dance chart.
Her first album, Not That Kind, reached platinum certification in Australia, France, Switzerland, Austria and the U.K.
She released three more successful albums before her most recent It’s a Man’s World, and released multiple No. 1 international singles such as “Paid My Dues” and “Left Outside Alone."
Anastacia is reportedly penning a new album right now and will continue to do so while battling her illness.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- ‘True Detective' Is HBO's Most Watched First-Year Series Ever, Passes 'Game Of Thrones'
- The Real Story Of Piper And Alex From 'Orange Is The New Black' Will Surprise You
- Conan Shows 'Rare Footage' Of Jesus Christ's Married Life
- Texas Spitfire Abbie Evans Fights Epidermolysis Bullosa In Cary Bell's Butterfly Girl
- Elizabeth Olsen Has to Shred Her 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Scripts!
- Kate Bosworth & Camilla Belle Step Out for Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Gone Girl's Rosamund Pike to 'W Magazine': I Have to Prove I'm as Dark as David Fincher Thinks I Am!
- Miley Cyrus Forced to Cancel St. Louis 'Bangerz' Tour Stop Due to Extended Hospital Stay