'Anchorman 2' to Get Early Screenings in U.K.
The Paramount release will unspool a week ahead of its Dec. 20 British rollout as part of a series of events mounted by the Jameson Cult Film Club.
LONDON -- Paramount's Anchorman sequel, starring Will Ferrell as Ron Burgundy alongside Paul Rudd, David Koechner and Steve Carell, has been deemed a cult film here before it even hits U.K. theaters.
Set for a wide rollout on Dec. 20 by Paramount in the U.K., the movie about the ever-changing world of U.S. TV newscasting will be screened across England by the Jameson Cult Film Club a week before its official release.
The Irish whiskey-sponsored club, a Facebook social media membership outfit, will provide free tickets to U.K. preview screenings of Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues at cinemas in London, Leeds and Manchester.
To win tickets to the movie, people are asked to join the Jameson Cult Film Club on Facebook and apply for the ticket ballot on the site.
The screenings promise "events" that will "immerse the audience into the world of Ron Burgundy and the news team, so expect surprise jazz flute sessions, salon quality hair makeovers and Anchorman themed Jameson cocktails," organizers said.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game