'Anchorman 2' to Get Early Screenings in U.K.
The Paramount release will unspool a week ahead of its Dec. 20 British rollout as part of a series of events mounted by the Jameson Cult Film Club.
LONDON -- Paramount's Anchorman sequel, starring Will Ferrell as Ron Burgundy alongside Paul Rudd, David Koechner and Steve Carell, has been deemed a cult film here before it even hits U.K. theaters.
Set for a wide rollout on Dec. 20 by Paramount in the U.K., the movie about the ever-changing world of U.S. TV newscasting will be screened across England by the Jameson Cult Film Club a week before its official release.
The Irish whiskey-sponsored club, a Facebook social media membership outfit, will provide free tickets to U.K. preview screenings of Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues at cinemas in London, Leeds and Manchester.
To win tickets to the movie, people are asked to join the Jameson Cult Film Club on Facebook and apply for the ticket ballot on the site.
The screenings promise "events" that will "immerse the audience into the world of Ron Burgundy and the news team, so expect surprise jazz flute sessions, salon quality hair makeovers and Anchorman themed Jameson cocktails," organizers said.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'