'Anchorman 2' Offices Burglarized; Reward Offered for Information
The Atlanta warehouse used for production of the sequel was broken into Dec. 27, with thieves making off with $300,000 in electrical equipment and computers.
An Atlanta warehouse containing the production offices for Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, currently filming, has been broken into and robbed of more than $300,000 of electrical equipment, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.
The burglary occurred Dec. 27, according to police, when the building being rented by Paramount Worldwide Productions for filming of the hugely anticipated sequel to 2004's Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy was forcefully entered through a rear garage door.
The thieves then pulled out $300,000 in wiring and four computers from the building. The burglary was one of several recent break-ins in the area, and there was no indication the production was directly targeted.
A sign posted on the door advertises a $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest, the Journal-Constitution reports. A man who answered the phone number on the sign refused to comment on the case.
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues stars original castmembers Will Ferrell, Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd, David Koechner and Steve Carell, as well as some new faces including Kristen Wiig.
The movie is due in theaters Dec. 20, 2013.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Cultural Appropriation FAQs, Featuring Vanessa Hudgens And The Return Of The Celebrity Bindi
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday' Music Video Ruins All Birthday Parties
- Betty White Tells Larry King She Doesn't Understand Homophobes
- Annecy attendees will be the first to feast their eyes on "Feast," Walt Disney Animation Studios' newest short