'Anchorman 2' Offices Burglarized; Reward Offered for Information
The Atlanta warehouse used for production of the sequel was broken into Dec. 27, with thieves making off with $300,000 in electrical equipment and computers.
An Atlanta warehouse containing the production offices for Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, currently filming, has been broken into and robbed of more than $300,000 of electrical equipment, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports.
The burglary occurred Dec. 27, according to police, when the building being rented by Paramount Worldwide Productions for filming of the hugely anticipated sequel to 2004's Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy was forcefully entered through a rear garage door.
The thieves then pulled out $300,000 in wiring and four computers from the building. The burglary was one of several recent break-ins in the area, and there was no indication the production was directly targeted.
A sign posted on the door advertises a $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest, the Journal-Constitution reports. A man who answered the phone number on the sign refused to comment on the case.
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues stars original castmembers Will Ferrell, Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd, David Koechner and Steve Carell, as well as some new faces including Kristen Wiig.
The movie is due in theaters Dec. 20, 2013.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues
- James Franco Calls Times Theater Critic a ‘Little Bitch’ and Suggests He Work for Gawker
- See New Photos of Hannah and Adam Together on the Next Season of Girls
- Under the Skin, Only Lovers Left Alive, and a Brief History of the Art-Horror Film