'Anchorman 2' Teaser Trailer to Be Paired With 'The Dictator' Opening
Paramount will reveal a first look at the highly anticipated sequel, which is not expected to hit theaters until 2014.
It has been eight years since foul-mouthed, buffoonish newsman Ron Burgundy hit the big screen and now, he’ll appear alongside yet another foul-mouthed, buffoonish character.
Paramount is set to reveal a first look at the highly anticipated sequel to 2004’s Anchorman on Tuesday night during midnight screenings of Sacha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator. Said Burgundy in a tweet: “Don’t get Twirter. Anchorman2 teaser w Dictator tom night. Don't know what a teaser is. World is crazy? Having a scotch.”
The tweet also included the first new image of Ron Burgundy, who appears to have "stayed classy" all these years. Unsurprisingly, his signature moustache and burgundy blazer are still in tact.
So far, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd and David Koechner have all signed on to reprise their roles for the sequel. An official release date has not yet been set.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR