'Anchorman 2's' Ron Burgundy to Join Canadian Sports Channel TSN
The latest TV gig comes as Will Ferrell, in his "Anchorman" character, serenaded Toronto mayor Rob Ford on "Conan."
TORONTO - Ron Burgundy is joining TSN in December, the Canadian cable sports channel said Friday.
Burgundy, or Will Ferrell in character, will be the newest addition to the TSN broadcast team, with details to be unveiled Sunday night when the network airs the 101st Grey Cup championship game.
"This is going to end terribly," said Ferrell's Burgundy in a statement Friday of his latest TV gig, or publicity stunt, coming as it does before Paramount Pictures releases Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues on December 20.
"When he is not making models of eighteenth-century sailing ships, he can often be found on the deck of his own boat, The Shining M'Lady, or supervising archaeological digs in and around his backyard," TSN said Friday about Burgundy.
Ferrell earlier this week as Burgundy serenaded embattled Toronto mayor Rob Ford on Conan O'Brien's late-night show.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack