Anderson Cooper Laughs Off Seth Meyer's Barbs at White House Correspondents Dinner
Comedian had joked about the journalist's tight t-shirts.
CNN’s Anderson Cooper didn’t take offense at the barbs that Saturday Night Live writer Seth Meyers directed at him at the annual White House Correspondents Dinner held Saturday night in Washington, D.C.
While Donald Trump didn’t crack a smile during the steady drumbeat of jokes Meyers aimed at him -- and he could be seen by the CSpan cameras beating a hasty exit as soon as the dinner ended -- Cooper took the ribbing in stride.
After the dinner, Cooper tweeted, “I’m a huge @sethmeyers21 fan. Its an honor to be mocked by him.”
In a riff on various members of the media, Meyers -- who has parodied Cooper before on Saturday Night Live -- made fun of Cooper’s penchant for tight t-shirts.
“You can always tell how much danger Anderson Cooper is in by how tight his clothing is,” Meyers began. “If he’s in a bulky, yellow slicker, then it’s a hurricane that’s still off shore. If he’s in a khaki vest, he’s maybe in the Green Zone in Baghdad. But if he’s in a child-size white t-shirt, bullets are flying, he’s getting punched, he’s pulling kittens out of the rubble.”
Then came the punch line: “So what I’m saying is, if you ever see Anderson Cooper with his shirt off, turn off your television and run.”
Later on Twitter, Meyers responded to Cooper’s tweet of approval, by saying, “I’m a fan in return. Thanks for being a good sport.”
In a separate tweet, the comedian also said, “Enjoyed WHC dinner immensely. Anxiously awaiting Trump’s rebuttal.”
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead