Andrea Martin to Topline Canadian Comedy 'Working the Engels'
The Tony award winner will play an over-confident matriarch in the sitcom for Global Television from Halfire-CORE Entertainment.
TORONTO – Tony award winner Andrea Martin is set to topline Working The Engels, a Canadian comedy for Global Television from Halfire-CORE Entertainment.
The sitcom, from Los Angeles-based Canadian scribe Katie Ford (Miss Congeniality, Desperate Housewives) and Jane Ford (Listen Missy, Material World), will go before the camera for 12 episodes in Toronto this fall.
Martin, who earned Tony awards for roles in Pippin and My Favorite Year, will play Ceil Engel, the overly confident matriarch of the Engel clan.
She returned on Tuesday night to her starring role in Pippin after a vacation, and is expected to leave the stage production to play the lead role in Working The Engels at a still-to-be-announced date.
Martin's film appearances include The Producers, Wag the Dog, Hedwig and the Angry Inch and My Big Fat Greek Wedding.
The series is produced by Halfire-CORE Entertainment with Katie Ford, Jane Ford, Howard Busgang, Tom Nursall and Noreen Halpern serving as executive producers.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR