Why Bravo's Andy Cohen Isn't on THR's 2012 Reality Power List
The "Watch What Happens Live" host, and former executive vp of programming for the network, shares his five "mazels" of the past year in reality TV.
Late in 2011, Bravo announced that Real Housewives guru Andy Cohen - the network's former executive vp programming and a THR Reality Power List mainstay - would upping his popular latenight interactive Watch What Happens Live! to five nights a week, thereby shifting his main focus away from reality programming. "The show has exceeded our expectations for ratings, content and bookings," says Cohen 43. Inspired by his nightly segment about pop culture's "wow" moments, Cohen offers his top five "mazels" of the past year in reality TV.
1. E!'s Kim's Fairytale Wedding: A Kardashian Event: "It was a product-placement-filled ratings bonanza. Both nights that then led to a 72-day flameout."
2. Bravo's The Real Housewives of Atlanta season-four reunion: "This was the first Atlanta re-union where sparks flew from the time we sat down and didn't stop."
3. TLC's Sister Wives: "It's amazing to me how powerless those women are to that guy's mullet."
4. Bravo's Flipping Out: "When (neurotic interior designer) Jeff Lewis bought Zoila, his maid, a facelift."
5. Christina Aguilera's hat on NBC's The Voice: "She rocked that jaunty saucer, bedazzled satellite dish for almost the entire season. Christina later donated it to the museum of broadcasting, and by 'museum of broadcasting' I mean the Bravo Clubhouse."