Andy Garcia Joins Fox's 'Let's Be Cops' (Exclusive)
Damon Wayans Jr. and Jake Johnson are starring in the action comedy.
Andy Garcia is joining the cast of Let’s Be Cops, Fox’s action comedy starring Damon Wayans Jr. and Jake Johnson.
Luke Greenfield is directing the picture, which counts Nina Dobrev and James D’Arcy in its cast.
The story centers on two friends (Wayans and Johnson) who impersonate police officers using rented uniforms, giving their lives a boost and some fun. However, they run into trouble when they cross a dangerous Russian mobster.
Garcia will play a seasoned detective who inadvertently becomes the boss of the two wannabes.
Cops is eyeing a summer shoot in Atlanta.
This is Garcia’s first studio movie since 2007’s Ocean’s Thirteen. The actor has been acting and producing more character-driven dramas. He has, for example, the romancer Middleton, which also stars Vera Farmiga, in the can.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack