Andy Griffith Cause of Death Revealed
The iconic actor’s death certificate said he suffered a heart attack 24 hours before he died.
As the world continues to mourn the death Andy Griffith, new details have emerged about the 86-year-old TV legend’s final hours.
According to the actor’s death certificate, he suffered a heart attack 24 hours before his death 7 a.m. Tuesday. The attack is listed as the cause of death on the document, which was obtained by Associated Press Thursday. The death certificate also reveals that Griffith had battled other health issues for years, including coronary artery disease, hypertension and hyperlipidemia.
Less than five hours after his death, Griffith was burried in his family’s cemetery on Roanoke Island, near coast of North Carolina. Since Tuesday, he has received a wealth of praise from President Obama and co-stars Ron Howard and Jim Nabors, among others.
In addition to his iconic turn as the sheriff of Mayberry on The Andy Griffith Show from 1960-68, Griffith is also well regarded for his work on Matlock from 1986-95.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR