Andy Whitfield not returning to 'Spartacus'
Series star must resume cancer treatments
"Spartacus: Blood and Sand" star Andy Whitfield will not return for the series' second season due to a recurrence of cancer. Starz said Friday that the actor has been advised by doctors to "resume aggressive treatment" for his illness, and that he won't part of the show when it returns to the cable channel in September 2011.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR