Angelina Jolie Pens Intro for Ex-husband Billy Bob Thornton's Memoir
"The Billy Bob Tapes," which hits bookstores May 15, features "colorul tales" from the actor/director along with a foreword by his ex-wife.
Angelina Jolie has written the foreword for ex-husband Billy Bob Thornton’s memoir The Billy Bob Tapes: A Cave Full of Ghosts, which is scheduled to be published by William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins, on May 15, 2012.
Thornton co-wrote the book with musician/author/politician Kinky Friedman and it promises "colorful tales of his modest Southern upbringing, his bizarre phobias, his life, his loves (including his heartbreakingly brief marriage to fellow Oscar winner Angelina Jolie), and, of course, his movie career."
Thornton and Jolie were tabloid staples during their brief marriage from 2000-2003. They famously each wore a vial containing the other's blood on a necklace.
After their divorce, Jolie became involved with Brad Pitt in 2005. Although they never married, the two have six children together. Thornton has been involved with make-up artist Connie Angland since 2003 and with whom he had a daughter.
The two have remained on good terms since their divorce. In Berlin to promote his new film, Jayne Mansfield's Car, Thornton had only kind words about his ex-wife, who was also in Berlin promoting her new film The Land of Blood and Honey. "I saw it a month ago, and I thought she did an amazing job . . . to take that subject matter, something that's so hard to do, and she pulled it off on her first film. She really dug deep and it meant a lot to her. . . . I'm very very proud of her."
Thornton also denied reports that his next film And Then We Drove was based on his relationship with Jolie. He told New York Magazine's Vulture, "I would never make a movie about my best friend, either, or any other ex of mine, or something. That’s not my bag. I don’t mind exposing myself, but I'm certainly not gonna make a movie about someone else."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Ian Somerhalder Is Definitely the Hottest Paper Boy at LAX Airport!
- Katie Couric Flexes Her Muscles & She's Buffer Than You'd Imagine!
- Ariana Grande to Debut New Single 'Problem' at Radio Disney Music Awards! (Exclusive)
- Jason Derulo Rips Off His Shirt After Jordin Sparks Joins Him for Passionate Duet 'Vertigo'! (Video)