Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt 'Are Like Prisoners,' Says Matt Damon
"They can't just go someplace. If they go for a walk, it turns into an international incident," Damon says.
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt earn tens of millions each year, have plenty of movie roles to choose from and Jolie even has an Oscar. Still, pal Matt Damon feels bad for them.
"I have friends who are like prisoners. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, for instance," Damon told German television TELE 5 over the weekend (translated via People.com). "They can't just go someplace. If they go for a walk, it turns into an international incident."
Even though Damon has won his own Oscar, he doesn't have the same problems, he says.
"I'm really lucky, because I have the best of both worlds. I do the work that I love and need, but don't need paramilitary troops to protect me when I walk out my front door," he told the station.
He says he doesn't care about fame.
"Ever since I found my wife [Luciana] and we had children, my whole life revolves around that. It gave my life a dramatic change in direction," he says of his wife, whom he marred in 2005. They have four daughters.
"I'm not as crazy as most of the other stars. I don't really know why, probably because I married a woman who isn't an actress. And we live in New York," Damon said. "As long as we don't show up in typical tourist spots, we can walk the streets without being noticed. New Yorkers are very cool, they don't flip out if they see me."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Grant Gustin Is Proud & Stoked to Wear 'Flash' Costume!
- Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery
- Shailene Woodley Slams 'Twilight' to 'Teen Vogue': It's About An Unhealthy, Toxic Relationship
- Sarah Michelle Gellar & James Wolk Are 'The Crazy Ones' at Hall of Fame Gala!