Angelina Jolie casts star for directorial debut
Filming will begin later this year in Bosnia and Hungary
Angelina Jolie has selected a lead actress for her directorial debut.
Zana Marjanovic will play a Bosnian woman who is in love with a Serbian man amidst the war. Marjanovic is native to Bosnia. The movie is produced by Graham King and Tim Headington for GK Films
In an interview with the Associated Press, Marjanovic said the screenplay was "fabulous" and she was eager to begin filming with "a great actress and humanist" like Jolie.
Marjanovic, 27, is en route to Hungary to prepare for the film, she told the AP, which will begin filming later this year in that country and Bosnia.
Jolie has been to Bosnia twice this year in her role as a UNHCR good will ambassador and to scout the movie. She has said she would only use actors from the region.
Marjanovic starred in award-winning "Snow," which was directed by Bosnian Aida Begic. Watch a clip from the movie below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR