Angelina Jolie Discusses 'Dark Past' on '60 Minutes' (Video)
While promoting her first directorial effort, "In the Land of Blood and Honey," the mother of six, says she's lucky she didn't die young during her wild child years.
Oscar-winning actress Angelina Jolie may now be known for her humanitarian work with the U.N. and for amassing a large brood (six children and counting with partner Brad Pitt), but that wasn't always the case.
"I went through heavy, darker times and I survived them," the actress tells CBS' Bob Simon during a 60 Minutes interview, adding, "I didn't die young, so I'm very lucky. There are other artists and people that didn't survive certain things."
And though she danced around providing specific examples of her debauchery, saying, "Nothing I want to go into a lot of detail about. I think people can imagine that I did the most dangerous... and I did the worst and for many reasons, I shouldn't be here," Jolie also admitted she's still rebellious despite her many responsibilities.
"I'm still a bad girl," she said. "I still have that side of me... it's just in its place now. It belongs to Brad. Or... our adventures."
Jolie is set to debut her first directorial project, In the Land of Blood and Honey, Dec. 23.
Watch part of her 60 Minute interview below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram