Angelina Jolie Honored at Sarajevo Film Festival (Video)
The actress, who filmed parts of her directorial debut in Bosnia and Herzegovina, is given the event’s "Heart of Sarajevo" award.
Angelina Jolie was presented the Sarajevo Film Festival's "Heart of Sarajevo" award Saturday in the capital city of Bosnia and Herzegovina. The honorary prize was given to the actress for her humanitarian efforts and "active engagement in the complexities of the real world."
Upon accepting the award, Jolie said, "I am so glad to be here at the festival which is growing from year to year. I am truly honored to receive this award."
Jolie filmed part of her directorial debut, In the Land of Blood and Honey, in Bosnia and Herzegovina. She worked with a completely local cast while on location for the project, which is set against the backdrop of the Bosnian Civil War in the 1990s. Zana Marjanovic (Snow), Goran Kostic and Rade Serbedzija (In the Rain) star.
She said Saturday, "I spent last year with some wonderful people from this country. I have never worked with such a disciplined and talented crew."
FilmDistrict will release In the Land of Blood and Honey in the U.S. on Dec. 23. GK Films produced the drama, which Jolie wrote as well as directed.
Jolie attended the Sarajevo Film Festival awards with Brad Pitt.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR