Angelina Jolie is 'Salt' substitute
In negotiations to replace Tom Cruise in the spy thriller
"Edwin A. Salt" is getting a sex change.
New mom Angelina Jolie is in negotiations to replace Tom Cruise in the Columbia spy thriller.
Screenwriter Kurt Wimmer will redraft the screenplay, about a CIA officer who must prove she is not a Russian sleeper spy out to assassinate the president, to suit Jolie. Phillip Noyce remains attached to "Salt" as director with Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Sunil Perkash producing.
The title also will change.
The project has a long history, with directors coming and going, though Cruise has long been tethered to it. The deal for the switch began to fall into place about two weeks ago, though Columbia topper Amy Pascal has been after Jolie for a project for more than two years.
Jolie also is attached to star in "Atlas Shrugged," an adaptation of the Ayn Rand novel. She intends to do both, though in what order remains unclear.
She is repped by Media Talent Group.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR