Angelina Jolie: What Johnny Depp and I Talked About on 'The Tourist' Set
"We really enjoyed working with each other," Jolie told The Hollywood Reporter at the NYC premiere of her newest film.
What attracted Angelina Jolie to star in The Tourist?
"Venice and Paris," the actress joked to The Hollywood Reporter at the NYC premiere of her new film Monday night. "And I've never played a lady really before -- I've played a version of a girl. I found it a real big challenge to play somebody that is extremely European, elegant and very pink with little bows and things that were very foreign to me." RELATED: Jolie's chic tourist style.
Jolie, who attended the premiere with longtime boyfriend Brad Pitt (who avoided the press line on the red carpet, quipping to THR, "I'm off tonight!"), said her first introduction to co-star Johnny Depp was in this movie.
"We just got put together in the film and we both like each other’s movies, but had never met," said Jolie, who donned a white angora Versace dress. "And we met and we talked about kids for the first hour and France for the second and had a good laugh. We really enjoyed working with each other in the film and I hope that comes across."
Depp, who lives in the French countryside with Vanessa Paradis and their children, had a tip for Jolie about the country: "[Drink] lots of good wine!" Jolie joked.
Jolie says she hopes her film (in theaters Friday) "is a pleasure."
"I hope it's one of those movies that has a little bit of everything, that doesn't take itself so seriously, has a good time, and has a bit of romance and a bit of mystery, and a lot of fun, and a lot of different characters" she told THR.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!