Angelina Jolie Says She Ignored Oscars Leg Meme
"If I go online and see something about myself, I don't click on it," the actress said.
For a while, Angelina Jolie’s right leg seemed to be everywhere, in classic paintings and even tweeting under its own account. But the owner of the esteemed leg says she didn’t really notice.
"I honestly didn't pay attention to it. You know what I mean? I don't watch those TV shows and if I go online and see something about myself, I don't click on it," Jolie told the Huffington Post.
Jolie’s right leg jutted to fame during last month’s Oscars broadcast, when the actress was presenting the award for best adapted screenplay. The award went to The Descendants scribes Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon and Jim Rash, who mocked what was perceived as Jolie showing off her leg at an inappropriate time.
Jolie’s friends and family apparently didn't talk much about the incident, however.
"The people I surround myself with don't really talk about that kind of stuff," she said. "I heard something, but I didn't pay any attention. It's as simple as being a woman picking a dress you like and having a night, and not really thinking about anything else."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR